Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First public hissy fit!

Today was the first time Eli threw a tanty in public.

Because the school term has finished our "parent group" had decided to meet at a cafe for lunch instead, as there are no formal groups during the holidays. Most of our babies are too old for the official parent group now anyway - it goes up to 12 weeks of age.

Eli fell asleep and I put him down into his pram behind my chair for a nap. He slept peacefully ...until I was halfway through eating my meal. Suddenly he called, and I got up to get him. Before I picked him up he started bawling, and surprisingly didn't stop when I picked him up. I tried to offer him a boob, or a dummy, and he howled. I quickly stepped outside with him (after clambering over all of the other prams!) and he stopped. Once he was calm I took him back in, thinking I could sit down and feed him, but he immediately howled again as I took my seat.

So back outside we went, and enjoying some fresh air by the river. As soon as he was happily on my boob I headed back inside and sat down.

It was so bizarre being the lady with the screaming baby! I think perhaps he was hot, plus a bit bemused at being in the pram.

On a lighter note, at the end of lunch an elderly lady came up to our table and said "Excuse me, this has to be the most well behaved group of babies I've ever seen! And I've seen lots of mother's groups!" Very sweet. Still out of 10 babies mine was the loudest for once! Ah well, there has to be a first time for everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment