Sunday, October 24, 2010

I don't *hate* Tuesdays

I have explained to my coworkers on many occasions that I don't have a problem with Monday. As stressful as it can be to get myself together on Sunday in preparation for the working week, there is an element of excitement in returning after a 2 day break and starting our working life anew. Seeing my coworkers and sharing stories of our weekends. Seeing what interesting new emails and dramas have entered my inbox since Friday*. (*due to my new resolution of never checking work email over the weekend. It makes it a very exciting experience on Monday to turn on my computer and see where the latest drama has arisen). There's things to do, people to talk to, plans to make for the week.

It's Tuesday that it really hits home. The weekend is now but a memory. The week still looms before us. Those plans that I made yesterday must now be actioned, and there's simply not enough time. The emails are starting to pile up, and my boss has just added 10 new items to my To-Do-List.

This, this is the day!!

There's no doubt about it. Tuesday makes every other day of the week look like paradise. Wednesday is at least hump day, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, we feel that we're about to hit a goal of sorts. And then Thursday arrives, with all of it's promise of late night shopping or perhaps a night out. Either way, it leads us to Friday, at which point we may as well be not working, given the fun we have. Yep, comparatively speaking, Tuesday is the devil.

So I googled "I hate Tuesdays" and promptly found numerous blog posts discussing this very point. Now I feel compelled to clarify: I most certainly do NOT hate Tuesdays. To commit to hating 14% of my life seems shortsighted and extremely drastic. I merely put forward that Tuesday is, in fact, the most stressful day of the week. There's a reason why it has long been the day that Shane cooks dinner while I take a nice bubblebath complete with iPod, magazine and glass of wine.

Tuesday is that little thing in life that gives us something to look forward to.... it says "hey, I'm your downer, but remember how good things can get?" ... it's highly necessary. And with that, I rest my case.


No comments:

Post a Comment