Thursday, May 19, 2011

Super Power!

I really can't wait until studies of the human mind develop further. Perhaps that isn't surprising given my fascination with psychology and all things mental.

But what I'm really looking forward to is when we can record thoughts directly from our brains. Call it psychic, call it the equivalent to plugging a memory stick into your brain, call it whatever you like - but I spend a lot of time thinking, and I really, really want to be able to keep it all without the inconvenience of talking or writing. Don't get me wrong, I love both talking and writing, but there simply isn't enough hours in the day to do as much of either as I'd like.

In the past few weeks there have been a number of incredibly fabulous blog posts composed in my mind. Sadly these never managed to make it as far as my keyboard. Maybe one or two will materialize in the next few days, who knows. The rest are gone forever, a faded connection in my brain that are unlikely to ever resurface. They're lost in the crazy whirlwind of work, study, and keeping daily life ticking along.

So now I raise my glass, and propose a toast to thoughts of yesterday. Thoughts that were incredibly awesome (in my mind, at least), the memory of which can never be sullied by being brought to the light of day. They will never age. They will never be torn apart by the harshness of this world. May they rest in peace - or float off to wherever little random thoughts float off to. Maybe they fly away on the breeze, or via some crazy electronic brainwave connection, and eventually float through other people's minds. Perhaps we're all just regurgitating the same thoughts that somebody a few blocks away had yesterday, and marvelling at our own originality. By the way, this really is a rather nice drop of pinot gris.

No comments:

Post a Comment