Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lightning - Boom!!


On what had been a fairly nice Sunday, with plenty of outdoor playtime, I decided late in the day to duck out to the supermarket and leave Elijah with Shane.    Driving home afterwards I was treated to the most amazing thunder and lightning storm that had begun while I was shopping.

I pulled into the driveway and found Shane and Eli were sitting in our bedroom window on the edge of the bed, looking out.

Shane had invented a game called "Lightning - Boom!"  which Eli adored.   They would watch out to see a burst of lightning, and then count until the thunder came when they would yell "Boom!" or in fact Shane would yell "Boom!" and then Eli would mimic "Boom! Boom! Boom!"    And yes, it was as adorable as it sounds!  

They had fun watching me running through the rain to get the groceries in.  I am so proud of Shane's innovation as a parent, he knows enough to realise it's important to take the "scary" away from these new experiences and help Eli understand them in his own way.  Plus he incorporated counting which is awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment