Monday, December 27, 2010

Bring on 2011!


No posts recently, simply because I haven't seen anything lately. The Christmas holidays aren't exactly primetime for shows or events, and lack of $$ is also a contributing factor.

However, there's a few things coming up in 2011 that I'm excited about!

There's a few Blast from the Past acts coming through Sydney, including Neil Diamond in March and Barry Manilow in April.

Don McLean will be here on 15th Feb, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the old guy is holding up. Thrilled at the chance to hear "Castles in the Air" and "American Pie" live, and of course my absolute favourite, "Vincent". The event should have a great vibe as it will bring out the true fans and everybody will know all the songs. Of course the same can be said for both Neil and Barry, although as they're performing at larger venues (Syd Football Stadium / Acer Arena) it will lack the intimacy of the Don McLean performance which is at the Enmore.

Michael Buble is also around at the same time, but sadly I don't like my chances of scoring tickets to his show. Never mind - I expect he'll be around for many years to come!


On the musicals side, I'm still keen to get to Jersey Boys, plus check out Mary Poppins when it finally makes it's way to Sydney after an extended Melbourne run.

So that, plus plenty more to see in 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment